Monday, July 23, 2012

The Independence Amplification

Recently, one fine Saturday morning, I was getting ready for a good friend's bridal shower.  It was a warm morning, and I had left my patio door open to get a nice breeze through my place.  I stepped out of the shower, wrapped up in a towel and went to grab some clothes.

It was at that point that I realized something was off.  There was a magpie in my apartment.  It was flopping around, squawking and pooping everywhere.  What a casual observer would have seen was me calmly wait until it settled down, pick up one of my kitchen towels, walk over and use it to grab the bird and take it outside where I flung it over the balcony and it flew away.

My mental processes, however, went something like "What the HELL!  Why don't I have a man here to handle this!  I should be calmly getting ready lovely bridal shower, not running around my apartment naked, trying to capture a frickin' bird!"

Life Lesson: Sometimes life asks us to stand up and prove ourselves, be it in the face of adversity, turmoil, or sometimes random birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment