Friday, September 28, 2012

The Red Sock Formulation

I have been wearing red socks all my life.  I'm also not what you would call conventional.  It was only recently that I was informed that, apparently, these two things go hand in hand.

One day, late this summer, I was at Expo Latino, helping with promo work for a dance company.  I was out in the crowd, handing out fliers, when Rick came by to chat.  At this point in time, Ryan stopped by to chat as well.  (As a side note, Rick and Ryan together make way to much delicious man meat for one woman to handle.  Seriously, I think my IQ dropped about 20 points standing between them.)

That particular day, Rick was wearing a pink shirt.  Not a bright or vibrant pink, more a pink so pale it looks like a white shirt got caught in the wash with a red sock.  Which is what Ryan told him.  "Yeah, but I don't own any red socks" Rick replied.  "I don't know anyone who owns red socks," Ryan added.

I eyed a both of them and declared, "I wear red socks!".  Rick looked at me and said "Yes, but Tara, normal people don't wear red socks."

So there you go.

Life Lesson: Apparently a love of vibrant footwear indicates a propensity for being weird.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment